Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Back in Action

Sorry to you all that check on my blog that I've been MIA for so long! For those of you that know me, know I have TERRIBLE luck with electronics, and I have been without a laptop for about a month. I will explain later. So, as to be expected, a lot has happened in the last month and a half so I won't go into a lot of detail. I'll just do a list of my life for the past month (I love lists as you can see) and will hope to be more consistent.

1) First and foremost- I have been at my job for over a month and LOVE it. Love the staff, the environment, the work I do- everything. I feel I am where I am supposed to be. And everyone smiles here, which is always a good thing. I think I have found a great fit in an environment where I can better myself professionally, learn, challenge myself, grow, and most importantly, help others.

2) I FOUND HOMES FOR ALL THE KITTENS- THANK GOODNESS!!! This was a huge weight off my shoulders, and the families that took them email me and I know they are in good homes. Layla (the mom), however, is the horniest cat EVER and tries continuously to take advantage of the stone tiger in the house and Coach purses. She is having her womanhood removed this Sat. thanks to the Meck County Animal control center- for free! What an amazing program.

3) I am doing 2 marathons within 2 weeks of one another- one up in the mountains in NC and the Indy Monumental. Should be quite the challenge. I'm sure my quads will hate me for a long time. What can I say, I am impulsive.

4) I did my first triathlon about a month ago and it went great! You can look @ the results here: http://www.setupevents.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=event_results&id=1815. It was a great learning experience- not to mention, my brother had flown in for the weekend, and it was the anniversary of Elliott's death and my aunt (one of the strongest women I know) did it with some girl friends, sporting the logo of Elliott's band on her shirt, and did AWESOME! AND, had her hip replaced less than a year ago. What an inspiration. I definitely caught the TRI bug and want to do more (and win them). My runs had some room for improvement, so I am going to try and actually train this time!

5) Brent came and visited, and we had an amazing time. We went to a concert (Old Crow Medicine show), hiked in the mountains, and he got to cheer me on in my race. I forgot how much it helps to have loved ones cheer you on in a race- sadly none of my family is close by so I never have their support! I have a feeling Brent will end up here one day.



6) Life continues to confuse me, stress me out and challenge me, but I am learning to enjoy the ride. I sometimes make questionable decisions but fortunately I have my friends and family to help keep me on the straight and narrow- but sometimes it is just so fun to go off that path :) I am such a free spirit sometime and am a little bit too fearless, but am trying to work on not being so impulsive.

7) I finished the book "In Beauty" by Zadie Smith on Saturday, recommended to me by a close friend. Awesome book about race and cultural expectations- highly recommend it.

8) I will be making 2 trips to Indy and one to Chi town for the Rock and Roll half marathon, so if you are in those areas and want to meet up, let me know!
9) After finally saving for a laptop, I bought my Macbook, which I loved! Well, I have horrible luck, and needless to say, it broke. Well, it got stepped on. Apple said it would be $800 to repair. My roomate was told of a website called Iresq.com that repairs Apple products for MUCH less. They mail you the box, you ship it to them, they fix it and they mail it back (in one day). The best part ? It was only $200!!! So, I finally have my computer back, and will treat this one like gold.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I've missed things but I feel this post is boring enough as it is. I will be back soon!
Copperhead encounter # 2! Beautiful but very creepy....

No comments:

Post a Comment